So I made it over the big blue ocean safely and am now relatively settled in my new home for the semester. This is my second day here and we finally were able to get on the lab computers. I don't have internet in my room yet but I will post some pictures as soon as I can.
I won't write a lot now because I'm going to bed soon but I've already met some people from the US, Moldova, Kosovo, Russia, and Mongolia. I met a girl named Didi who is from Blagoevgrad and she showed me around the town a bit and helped me buy a towel and some clothes hangers. The Nav staff couple, Bill and Lisa, also took me out to dinner the night I arrived and then lunch today to introduce me to Didi. They have taken good care of me. I'm going to church with them on Sunday. It's in Bulgarian but I don't really care. As long as I get to be around the people. I will also be in a Bible Study with Lisa and some other girls.
The town is pretty nice. I think I'll really like it. I live in the town center which is mainly a walking area with no cars. It is filled with restraunts, cafes, clothing shops, banks, mini grocery stores and shops with just about everything. Clothes are kind of expensive but food is cheap and very very good. Bottled water is only about 50 cents.
I'm going through orientation this week. It's mainly for incoming freshman but there are some things for international students as well. That's about it for now. I'll write more later.
Bye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment