Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whirlwind tour of the Balkans

Next week is Spring Break and I am going to be taking a mini-tour of the Balkans with some of my friends. We are going to Macadonia (Former Republic of Yugoslavia), Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, and Kosovo. It's going to be a quick trip, with almost only one night in each country, but I'm sure I'm going to have some interesting stories to tell.
We'll drive from Blago across Macedonia to Tirana, the capital of Albania. From there we'll go north to a town called Shkodra. Then we'll head into Montenegro and spend a day in Kotor. From there we'll jump up to Dubrovnik, Croatia (which you should google because it looks beautiful). Then we'll go from Dubrovnik back to Montenegro and into Kosovo. From Pristina we'll head to Skopje (pronounced Skopia) and then back to Blago.
Below is a map of our proposed route. Since we're kind of backpacking it this is subject to change, and who knows, we may love Tirana so much that we'll just stay there the entire week.

If you double click the map it enlarges and you can view the route better.

No comments: